Living at Big Hill (actually not)

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Meet our Airstream


 Several times, I have taken pictures of the truck hooked up to the traler.  Looking to see how level it was etc.
And now with the hitch we bought from Robert from the AIR-forums, I am able to make that certain good contact under my front axles.  I really worried a lot about that.  But when we finally towed, you could hardly tell the Airstream was behind you.

The former truck was a '84 Ford F150.  We pulled it once during a test run.  And that was it.  Too spooky.







This is where we were parked in Altus, Okla. last year.  Thats right...sitting right in Direct sunlight and hooked up only to a 20 amp power supply was a holy nightmare, but we prevailed and we survived each day til we could ship out and go flying away.





Pretty desolate huh?  But it's the best I could do on our budget.  I refuse to live in a trailer park and or even have neighbors right by me...can't stand it!







Before we landed the Airstream at the radio tower, we had to fix a broken window on the curb side of the front room.  It was a 400 dollar fix, but it's an Airstream and you don't fool around with second hand replacments .

Angel is pointing to the side we repaired so I could show Andy at Inland RV.


Meanwhile I continue to take pictures of how the Airstream and truck are joined together for towing.









This picture is my installing the Reese Hitch that Robert gave us for the price of shipping alone.  Thanks again Robert if you see this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment