Living at Big Hill (actually not)

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Walking through my art past

 After we finished the Harmel Ranch project, we got immediatly discovered by Mainstreet Breckenridge south of us.  The director was Shelly Hargrove who to me was a legend in her own time. I still pay her compliments to this day.  Under her guidance, we were able to achieve a great award for the state of Texas (Texas Downtown Association). And thanks to my trusty airbrush, I was able to paint anything they could dream.

 After eight award winning murals were mastered, several towns started placing orders for what we were doing.  We also got front page coverage where ever we went along with Texas Highways Magazine, Airstream Life,(with Becky Blanton writing about me).



 This is me back then churning out these photgraphic replications for the city of Breckenridge,, Texas








I feel like we did hundreds of projects, I was able to somehow photograph everything, and to this day have all the documents and photos and papers under my bed.  Because I do have a story to tell...about two guys who cared about each other enough to get a real life we could be proud of. Even if nobody else gave a hoot--we did.




Angel is pulling tape for me as we finish up some work way back in Munday Texas.







Angel takes a break next to another of my works outside of Seymour Texas.









A matching pair of panthers for B-Cat hotdogging business in Seymour Texas.


Over and out, Bill
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment